

Our baby is here! We don't have a name picked out but what we do know is:
Born 9/2/2009 at 12:09 PM (just after noon - lots of 9's and 2's in there)
Weighing in at 7 lbs. 13 ounces (so compared to our girls a featherweight)
Measuring 20 inches
Lots of hair so he has a mohawk and if I hadn't caught the nurse's mistake he'd still have a pink bow in his hair that she put there.
He's been a very happy baby eating well and just being happy to be alive.
Amberly was in pre-labor starting on 9/1 at 11 AM and real labor started at 5 AM this morning. We got to the hospital at 8 AM and 4 hours later with some blood, sweat, and tears - one tiny scream (more like a squeak) and lots of concentration out he came.
I cried (which is a miracle in itself as people who know me will attest) at the miracle before my eyes but mostly out of pure and raw respect for my wife who is so amazing in such an intense setting. If you can't tell I'm very proud of her. As with our other 2 kids birth was natural and the whole experience is really surreal for a dad. Oh and it also reminded me how glad I am to be a guy - yes I'm a wimp.
Even though we haven't set on a name we've got some in mind out top 5:
Beckham (no soccer relations)
Keegan (yes soccer relations - not really but an interesting test of your soccer knowledge)
Braden
Bryson
Corbin
And after seeing him (see pictures below) I've added one more to the list - in honor of Mikey, Sloth and the rest of the Goonies:
Willy (for one eyed Willy).
Everyone happy and healthy and tired. We should be home Friday sometime.
7 comments:
CONGRATS! Way to go BEV! Way to push hard! :) He is adorable and I'm sure the big sisters and happy to have a brother. Laura and I were talking about you last night. LOVE YOU!
Whoa...just thinking this morning, "I wonder if Bev had that baby yet!?!"
WAY TO GO!!! And way to produce such a handsome young chap!!! He really is adorable!
Bev, I know you are going to hear this a lot...but it's really not fair how GORGEOUS you look after giving birth!!!??? You're a babe.
Jacob, I loved reading this post because it was fun to get your point of view. I think it is quite precious that you shed a tear or two.
I can't wait to meet the little guy! LOVE YOU!
Congrats! I didn't even know you guys had a blog until now! Amberly, you are a serious super woman! I'm so happy for the both of you.
YAHOO BEV (and Jacob, and girls!). Too bad you couldn't have waited one more day so we could share a birthday, but I bet you were glad to get that guy out of there. He is darling, and I can't wait to hear his name. Love you.
WOW, Bev, you amaze me. Way to go natural! He is adorable! Congrats to the whole family!!! I can't wait to find out what you name him and to meet him!!!
Congrats girl! You will love having a boy! I am going natural this time, hope I can do it!
Congrats!!! I am so happy for you guys!!! He is adorable... can't wait to meet him!!! Love you guys!!!
Post a Comment