Sunday, June 21, 2009

Bee's Game

We were given tickets to the Bees Baseball game a couple weeks ago by Ally (thanks for the tickets!)  We drove down to the game and it looked like it might rain when we left.  By the time we got to the game it was pouring!  We ran to the stadium through the rain thinking it might just blow over in a 20-30 minutes and they would play the game.  Ya, well.... we didn't get to see a single pitch of baseball.  We did get free hot dogs and drinks for the kids, which they enjoyed.  Then they ran up and down the stairs jumped in the puddles for a while and then we went home.  The funny thing is that even though it wasn't as planned, we all had a great time, the kids thought it was a blast and asked if we could do that again!  
I was reminded that making the most of any situation is key to any family time success and it didn't matter that the game was rained out because jumping in the puddles and making some good family memories was just as fun!

3 comments:

Lanes said...

Looks fun! Kids and rain...they love it! We miss seeing you at Dance!

(And I still have those dance shoes I need to bring to you!)

Megs said...

Looks like you guys had fun even though it was raining like crazy!! Hope you are all doing well and hopefully we will get to see you all soon!! Love you guys!

Robyn said...

That's a good reminder--I get really frustrated when things don't work out the way I plan, but you are right!